Youth for Human Rights
Education Package Details
The path toward the goal of a world where people treat each other with respect and dignity is through effective education. Many human rights organizations focus on research and advocacy for the victims of abuse. Youth for Human Rights International complements this work by addressing those issues with educational materials and activities.
Therefore our YHRI Education Package is provided to educators free of charge. (Offer limited to one free package per teacher.)
Included therein are the following human rights action tools:
- The Youth for Human Rights Educator’s Guide contains lesson plans, enrichment activities, ideas for activating the students on human rights education and a list of specific correlations of the lessons to model education standards. This is a resource for implementing a complete human rights curriculum in your class or school, or can be integrated into an existing curriculum.
- The Story of Human Rights is a powerful and compelling documentary film that defines human rights by telling the dramatic story of their history and development from earliest times to the present day. It is suitable for all ages and is available in 17 languages.
- Public service announcements depict each of the 30 Articles of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. These individual videos portray in real-life terms what each one of the 30 human rights is. They have been airing on TV, in movie theaters and sports stadiums all over the world. They are translated in 17 languages.
- UNITED music video, a winner of more than a dozen international awards—including “Best Short Film” at the New York International Independent Film Festival. This five-minute, street-savvy, multiethnic video gives a human rights message and advocates nonviolence. Available in 17 languages.
- The What Are Human Rights? booklet contains a fully illustrated, youth version of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights that makes human rights understandable for young people. It is available in packages of 24.
- Posters depicting the 30 human rights help reinforce human rights education in your school or community centers. (One human right per poster.)
- Glossary of terms, references to print and online resources.
The Youth for Human Rights Education Package is designed for upper elementary, middle school and early high school instruction.
The components of the Education Package are produced to the highest quality and durability. It is through donations from those who support our program that enables Youth for Human Rights International to provide these valuable teaching tools free of charge to classroom teachers and qualified community educators. It is thus expected that participating educators agree to provide results of their use of this program and its materials. Documentation would include photographs and video footage of program application and outcomes, and educator testimonials that promote best practices and results to others. In this way, each educator's successes can be shared and expanded upon.
Note to senior high school and college educators: United for Human Rights, YHRI’s sister organization, offers a free Bringing Human Rights to Life Education Package designed for seniors in high school or college students. To order, click here. >>